Monday, October 26, 2009

Cable Ribbed Socks

Pattern: Cable Ribbed Socks
Source: Favorite Socks by Interweave Press
Started: October 19, 2009
Finished: October 24, 2009
Yarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock in Brick
Needles: US Size 2.5 (leg) and 2 (foot)
Modifications: Received this yarn for free from the "will trade or sell" section of Yarn on Ravelry.

As my first pair of socks for myself, I am pretty happy with these. They could have been a lot tighter, but I actually knit them with the recommended one size up needles because I have large feet for a girl. My friendly LYS owner told me during Lunch Bunch last week that socks will always stretch sideways and you can always knit them longer, so a smaller needle is better because a denser fabric will last longer.

Roger that!

No comments:

Post a Comment